Torna indietro   Hardware Upgrade Forum > Software > Microsoft Windows > Microsoft Windows 7 e Vista

Recensione Zenfone 11 Ultra: il flagship ASUS ritorna a essere un 'padellone'
Recensione Zenfone 11 Ultra: il flagship ASUS ritorna a essere un 'padellone'
Zenfone 11 Ultra ha tantissime qualità interessanti, fra cui potenza da vendere, un display di primissimo livello, un comparto audio potente e prestazioni di connettività fra le migliori della categoria. Manca però dell'esclusività del predecessore, che in un settore composto da "padelloni" si distingueva per le sue dimensioni compatte. Abbiamo provato il nuovo flagship ASUS, e in questa recensione vi raccontiamo com'è andata.
Appian: non solo low code. La missione è l’ottimizzazione dei processi con l'IA
Appian: non solo low code. La missione è l’ottimizzazione dei processi con l'IA
Abbiamo partecipato ad Appian World 2024, evento dedicato a partner e clienti che si è svolto recentemente nei pressi di Washington DC, vicino alla sede storica dell’azienda. Nel festeggiare il 25mo anniversario, Appian ha annunciato diverse novità in ambito intelligenza artificiale
Lenovo ThinkVision 3D 27, la steroscopia senza occhialini
Lenovo ThinkVision 3D 27, la steroscopia senza occhialini
Primo contatto con il monitor Lenovo ThinkVision 3D 27 che grazie a particolari accorgimenti tecnici riesce a ricreare l'illusione della spazialità tridimensionale senza che sia necessario utilizzare occhialini
Tutti gli articoli Tutte le news

Vai al Forum
Discussione Chiusa

Strumenti
Old 23-05-2008, 17:20   #1
dovella

Exclusive! Windows 7 , vere notizie e.....

Engineering Windows 7

19/09/2008

The "Ecosystem"

In the emails and comments, there are many topics that are raised and more often than not we see the several facets or positions of the issue. One theme that comes through is a desire expressed by folks to choose what is best for them. I wanted to pick up on the theme of choice since that is such an incredibly important part of how we approach building Windows—choice in all of its forms. This choice is really because Windows is part of an ecosystem, where many people are involved in making many choices about what types of computers, configuration of operating system, and applications/services they create, offer, or use. Windows is about being a great component of the ecosystem and what we are endeavoring to do with Windows 7 is to make sure we do a great job on the ecosystem aspects of building Windows 7.

Ecosystem and choice go hand in hand. When we build Windows we think of a number of key representatives within the ecosystem beyond Windows:

* PC makers
* Hardware components
* Developers
* Enthusiasts

Each of these parties has a key role to play in delivering on the PC experience and also in providing an environment where many people can take a PC and provide a tailored and differentiated experience, and where companies can profit by providing unique and differentiated products and services (and choice to consumers). For Windows 7 our goals have been to be clearer in our plans and stronger in our execution such that each can make the most of these opportunities building on Windows.

Continua qui

More Follow up to discussion about High DPI

17 Settembre 2008

More Follow up to discussion about High DPI

Excellent! What a fun discussion we’ve been having on High DPI. It has been so enriching that Ryan wrote up a summary of even more of the discussion. Thanks so much! --Steven

There have been quite a few comments posted regarding high DPI, along with some lively discussion. Most of what has been said has been good anecdotal examples which are consistent with the data we have collected. For the areas where we didn’t have data, the comments have helped to validate many of our assumptions for this group. It is also clear that there are some areas of this feature which are confusing, and in some cases there is a bit of “myth” around what is ideal, what is possible, and what is there. This follow up post is mostly to summarize what we have heard, and to provide some details around the areas where there has been a bit of confusion.

Here is a list of our top “assumptions” which have been echoed by the comments posted:

* Most people adjust the screen resolution either to get larger text, or because it was an accident
* There is a core of people who know about high DPI and who use it
* Some people prefer more screen real-estate while others people prefer larger UI
* Discoverability of the DPI configuration is a concern for some
* App compat is a common issue, even a “deal breaker” in some cases
* IE Scaling is one of the top issues listed (see IE8 which fixes many of these!)
* Lots of complexities/subtleties and it is pretty hard to explain this feature to most people

Link

Follow-up on High DPI resolution

13 Settembre 2008

One of the cool results of this dialog is how much interest there is in diving into the details and data behind some of the topics as expressed in the comment and emails. We’re having fun talking in more depth about these questions and observations. This post is a follow-up to the comments about high DPI resolution, application compatibility, and the general problems with readability in many situations. Allow me to introduce a program manager lead on our Desktop Graphics team, Ryan Haveson, who will expand on our discussion of graphics and Windows 7. –Steven

When we started windows 7 planning, we looked at customer data for display hardware, and we found something very interesting (and surprising). We found that roughly half of users were not configuring their PC to use the full native screen resolution. Here is a table representing data we obtained from the Windows Feedback Program which Christina talked about in an earlier post.

Windows 7 Blog Continua qui

The Windows Feedback Program

When we release the Windows 7 beta we will also be collecting feedback from this panel and asking for participation from a set of Windows 7 beta users. Our current plans call for signing up for the beta to happen in the standard Microsoft manner on http://connect.microsoft.com. Stay tuned!

Link

6 Sett.
Reflecting on a few recent threads…
Si comincia a parlare

When we kicked off this blog, the premise was a dialog – a two-way conversation about the engineering of Windows 7. We couldn’t be happier with the way things have been going in this short time. As we said we intended to do, we’ve started a discussion about how we build the product and have had a chance to have some back and forth in comments and in posts about topics that are clearly important to you. To put some numbers on things, I’ve personally received about 400 email messages (and answered quite a few) and all total we have had about 900 English language comments from about 500 different readers (with a few of you > 10 comments). Early numbers show we have about 10x that latter number in readers+page views.

• Profile-based Setup
  • Out of Box Experience - “OOBE”
  • Windows Features

Link

3 Settembre

Product Planning for Windows...where does your feedback really go?

Ed. Note: Allow me to introduce Mike Angiulo who leads the Windows PC Ecosystem and Planning team. Mike’s team works closely with all of our hardware and software partners and leads the engineering team's product planning and research efforts for each new version of Windows. --Steven

In Windows we have a wide variety of mechanisms to learn about our customers and marketplace which all play roles in helping us decide what we build. From the individual questions that our engineers will answer at WinHEC and PDC to the millions of records in our telemetry systems we have tools for answering almost every kind of question around what you want us to build in Windows and how well it’s all working. Listening to all of these voices together and building a coherent plan for an entire operating system release is quite a challenge – it can feel like taking a pizza order for a billion of your closest friends!

Link

29 Agost 2008

Boot Performance

For a PC to boot fast a number of tasks need to be performed efficiently and with a high degree of parallelism.

* Files must be read into memory.
* System services need to be initialized.
* Devices need to be identified and started.
* The user’s credentials need to be authenticated for login.
* The desktop needs to be constructed and displayed.
* Startup applications need to be launched.
Link al Blog

28 Agosto

Windows 7 -- Approach to System Performance

Memory usage
CPU utilization
Disk I/O
Boot, Shutdown, Standby/Resume

Link al Blog Ufficiale by Sinosfky

22 Agosto

Molti driver gia disponibili per Windows 7

Link

Provate con Internet Explorer

Update dal Blog Ufficiale

19 Agosto 2008

The Windows 7 Team

Qualche dettaglio sul Team da Brandon
How my team and I fit into Windows 7

Giovedi 14 Agosto 2008

Apre il Blog Ufficiale di Windows 7

facciamo sentire che l'ITALIA CE'

Auguri Team!!!! In bocca al Lupo,

Link al Blog Ufficiale

da PDC 2008 Agenda

Windows 7: Graphics Advances
Windows 7 enables you to advance the graphics capabilities of your applications while carrying forward existing investments in your Win32 codebase, including GDI and GDI+. New enhancements to DirectX let Win32 applications harness the latest innovations in GPUs and LCD displays, including support for scalable, high-performance, 2D and 3D graphics, text, and images. Also learn how to leverage the GPU's parallelism for general-purpose computation such as image processing.

Windows 7: Optimizing for Energy Efficiency and Battery Life
A single application can reduce mobile battery life by up to 30%. Windows 7 provides advances for building energy-efficient applications. In this session we will discuss how to leverage new Windows infrastructure to reduce application power consumption and efficiently schedule background tasks and services.

Windows 7: Touch Computing
In Windows 7, innovative touch and gesture support will enable more direct and natural interaction in your applications. This session will highlight the new multi-touch gesture APIs and explain how you can leverage them in your applications.
Windows 7: Web Services in Native Code
Windows 7 introduces a new networking API with support for building SOAP based web services in native code. This session will discuss the programming model, interoperability aspects with other implementations of WS-* protocols and demonstrate various services and applications built using this API.

un nuovo video che mostra anche una nuova parziale taskbar di 7

si nota che è piu grande di quella di Vista e pare che sopra potremmo pogiarci le nostre icone non più solo piccole.

Link

Touch!!!

Windows 7 sarà moultitouch o meglio il sistema comprenderà molte funzioni incluse in Surface.

Video

nel video viene mostrato a lavoro su un Dell latitude Xt.

Ovviamente nessuno vi chiede di comprare un hardware moultitouch solo per Seven , come Vista (per chi non lo sapesse) ha tutte le funzioni di touch screen , anche se con Dell latitude Vista diventa multitouch.

quindi il vero addio a mouse e tastiera sarà ancora lungo ,però sicuramente avremmo dei nuovi dispositivi a 5 -600 euro con queste funzioni all uscita di Seven

Solo dal 26 Ottobre si comincerà a parlare veramente di Windows 7 vero e proprio (PDC e WInheec)
fino ad allora sappiate che esisteranno solo queste informazioni

32 64 bit
Kernel di Windows Server 2008 e Vista SP1 rismantellato e ricostruito (25 mb)
No minWin perchè avrebbe esclusso a priori tutti i 32 bit compreso le periferiche (driver driver driver)
La gui temporanea è quella di Vista
Funzioni di surface incluse in 7

Intervista a Steven Sinofsky

tutto il resto sono FAKE!!

Attuali Screen (touch)

Ultima modifica di dovella : 19-09-2008 alle 09:08.

Old 23-05-2008, 17:30   #2
yeppala

L'Avatar di yeppala

Iscritto dal: Dec 2007
OK, allora possiamo iniziare a fare il count-down di Vista SP2

Ultima modifica di yeppala : 23-05-2008 alle 17:34.
yeppala è offline  
Old 23-05-2008, 17:40   #3
wisher

L'Avatar di wisher

Iscritto dal: Aug 2005
vedremo
Old 23-05-2008, 17:48   #4
theory

L'Avatar di theory

Iscritto dal: Mar 2007
Città: Provincia di FC
2010? ma svista non doveva essere sostituito il prima possibile?
Old 23-05-2008, 18:26   #5
erpirata2
Bannato

Iscritto dal: Jun 2006
Città: Roma
Quote:
Originariamente inviato da dovella Guarda i messaggi
Si è fatto e si fa un troppo parlare di Windows 7 .
Ho appena ricevuto la conferma che tutti i dettagli ed una bella presentazione REALE sarà fatta al PDC 2008

26 Ottobre

Quindi siamo ufficialmente in dolce attesa
la release dovrebbe eessere Dic 2009 Usa e probabilmente Gen 2010 Italia ma questa non è confermata al 100%
Si ma magari presentano solo il prodotto e fanno sapere cosa stanno facendo, non è che di punto in bianco esce il nuovo windows.
erpirata2 è offline  
Old 23-05-2008, 18:30   #6
dovella

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da erpirata2 Guarda i messaggi
Si ma magari presentano solo il prodotto e fanno sapere cosa stanno facendo, non è che di punto in bianco esce il nuovo windows.
certo che è cosi , + video dimostrativo

Old 23-05-2008, 18:37   #7
wisher

L'Avatar di wisher

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da theory Guarda i messaggi
2010? ma svista non doveva essere sostituito il prima possibile?
hai messo una S di troppo
Old 23-05-2008, 18:48   #8
stambeccuccio
Bannato

Iscritto dal: Feb 2008
EVVVAAAIIIIIIIIIIII !!!
LOL
..iniziamo con un altro countdown
stambeccuccio è offline  
Old 23-05-2008, 19:02   #9
dovella

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da stambeccuccio Guarda i messaggi
EVVVAAAIIIIIIIIIIII !!!
LOL

si ma un countdown per la presentazione o per l RTM ??

cmq stavolta stembè preparati a spaccare tutto

Old 23-05-2008, 20:10   #10
GhiaccioNero

L'Avatar di GhiaccioNero

Iscritto dal: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originariamente inviato da stambeccuccio Guarda i messaggi
EVVVAAAIIIIIIIIIIII !!!
LOL
Ti faccio i complimenti per l'ottima "fortuna" del tuo avatar
Old 24-05-2008, 08:46   #11
wisher

L'Avatar di wisher

Intanto a Redmond qualcosa si sta muovendo
http://aovestdipaperino.com/posts/switching.aspx
Old 24-05-2008, 09:20   #12
dovella

Nvidia cerca personale per Windows 7

Old 24-05-2008, 10:13   #13
bassplayer84

L'Avatar di bassplayer84

Iscritto dal: Sep 2007
Quote:
Anche la pizzeria sotto casa mia cerca fattorini e personale!

bassplayer84 è offline  
Old 24-05-2008, 10:22   #14
JANKO

Iscritto dal: May 2003
nooooo basta dovella non se ne può più
JANKO è offline  
Old 24-05-2008, 10:58   #15
dovella

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da bassplayer84 Guarda i messaggi
Anche la pizzeria sotto casa mia cerca fattorini e personale!

con questi requisiti

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- BSCS or BSEE required.
- Candidates should be senior level QA or development engineers with a minimum of five years experience or the equivalent.

Link

Old 24-05-2008, 11:02   #16
bassplayer84

L'Avatar di bassplayer84

Quote:
con questi requisiti

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- BSCS or BSEE required.
- Candidates should be senior level QA or development engineers with a minimum of five years experience or the equivalent.

Link
scusa ma credi che importi a qualcuno di ste cose?
Sei dell'ufficio ricerca personale?
Oppure vuoi postare notizie degne di discussione? mah
bassplayer84 è offline  
Old 24-05-2008, 11:04   #17
wisher

L'Avatar di wisher

Quote:
forse questa volta riusciranno a preparare dei driver in tempo, forse
Old 24-05-2008, 12:12   #18
dovella

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da wisher Guarda i messaggi
forse questa volta riusciranno a preparare dei driver in tempo, forse
ne sono certo

Old 24-05-2008, 12:23   #19
bassplayer84

L'Avatar di bassplayer84

Quote:
ne sono certo
Io proprio non capisco il tuo entusiasmo per queste cose...
fosse una bella ragazza...ma si sta parlando di driver e un sistema operativo... come si può essere così attirati da ste cose, proprio da non poter resistere in ogni occasione di dire che è il top, il meglio, la cosa migliore mai fatta!
Sono anche io convinto che M$ e Nvidia siano tra gli esponenti maggiori a livello mondiale di HW e SW, ma questo non vuol dire che va sottolineata questa cosa in ogni piccola/inutile circostanza...

e soprattutto...a chi potrà interessare in un forum il discorso che una ditta di HW cerca personale?mah
bassplayer84 è offline  
Old 24-05-2008, 14:36   #20
JANKO

Iscritto dal: May 2003
ma piantala dovella
JANKO è offline  
 Discussione Chiusa

Recensione Zenfone 11 Ultra: il flagship ASUS ritorna a essere un 'padellone' Recensione Zenfone 11 Ultra: il flagship ASUS ri...
Appian: non solo low code. La missione è l’ottimizzazione dei processi con l'IA Appian: non solo low code. La missione è ...
Lenovo ThinkVision 3D 27, la steroscopia senza occhialini Lenovo ThinkVision 3D 27, la steroscopia senza o...
La Formula E può correre su un tracciato vero? Reportage da Misano con Jaguar TCS Racing La Formula E può correre su un tracciato ...
Lenovo LEGION e LOQ: due notebook diversi, stessa anima gaming Lenovo LEGION e LOQ: due notebook diversi, stess...
Sta per succedere! La prima gara a guida...
Parthenope: un nuovo RPG investigativo t...
Urbanista Malibu: ecco come va la cassa ...
Gas Station Simulator è costato 1...
AOC Graphic Pro U3, tre nuovi monitor pe...
Wacom Movink: per la prima volta il disp...
HPE Aruba presenta i nuovi access point ...
Lamborghini presenta Urus SE, prima vers...
Scuderia Ferrari e HP insieme: ufficiale...
Snapdragon X Plus, un nuovo SoC per i no...
L'iPad 10,9'' 64 GB è sceso a meno di 40...
Steam: basta ai furbetti dell'accesso an...
Motorola Edge 40 Neo con fotocamera da 5...
Arriva Kasperksy Next, la nuova gamma di...
Fallout, un successo senza fine: 1 milio...
Chromium
GPU-Z
OCCT
LibreOffice Portable
Opera One Portable
Opera One 106
CCleaner Portable
CCleaner Standard
Cpu-Z
Driver NVIDIA GeForce 546.65 WHQL
SmartFTP
Trillian