News per utenti Unices
News interessante per utenti Linux, ciao
BitDefender Offers New and Improved Features for Linux-based Users, Free for Home Users
Enhanced BitDefender Antivirus Scanner for Unices offers on-demand antivirus and spyware protection
BUCHAREST, Romania – February 6 , 2009 – BitDefender®, a global provider of award-winning antivirus software and data security solutions, has launched a new version of BitDefender Antivirus Scanner for Unices, the on demand antivirus and antispyware scanner for Linux and FreeBSD, which is free for personal use.
The new and improved features of BitDefender Antivirus Scanner for Unices enhance the user experience and increase the level of protection. The main features include:
• On-demand antivirus and antispyware protection
• Script and extension-based integration with various applications and services:
- Mail clients (e.g. Pine, Evolution) and Mail Server services
- Scheduling services (e.g. Cron) ensuring scan and update automation
• Classic command line scanner complete with a graphical user interface for better integration with desktop environments
• Automatic addition of the scanner’s GUI to the system menu
• Open source plugins for three popular file managers: Konqueror (KDE), Nautilus (GNOME) and Thunar (Xfce)
• Action setting based on scan result type
“BitDefender has been putting an increased effort on improving the product line for Linux-based users,” said Bogdan Dumitru, BitDefender’s chief technical officer. “The availability of free licensing for home users has quickly made BitDefender Antivirus Scanner for Unices one of our most popular products from the UNIX line. BitDefender will continue to improve the UNIX product line to ensure our users are completely protected against internet threats regardless of what computer system they own.”
A registration key must be purchased for business use through the BitDefender Online Store or from BitDefender certified partners.
This product is available in English, Brazilian and Romanian.
For more information on BitDefender Antivirus Scanner for Unices visit BitDefender’s new Unix Portal page.
To keep updated with virus updates and company news sign-up for BitDefender’s RSS feeds here.
Io uso BitDefender 2010