View Single Post
Old 15-12-2021, 23:14   #19042
pitx

L'Avatar di pitx

Iscritto dal: Nov 2000
Città: Loud™
Quote:
Originariamente inviato da CYRANO Guarda i messaggi
Quello che mi rende perplesso è che non è presente nel sito come aggiornamento.
Per questo ho pensato che fosse il firmware di un nuovo aggiornamento hardware, incompatibile con gli altri due ( m3cr23 e m3cr33 )

Edit infatti ho appena letto che quel firmware lo monta la 3a generazione di mx500 a cui è stata dimmezzata la ram

Cjxnxnsxjsnxbxbxhzjzj
Il 43 mi pare fosse stato "sospeso"

ram is at the max 48GB capable of a westmere processor without using registered dimms,

the new mx500 i ordered has arrived and im watching the FTL program page count increment with no increments of the host program page count.

ID Attribute Description Threshold Value Worst Data Status
09 Power-On Hours Count 0 100 100 0 OK: Always passes
F7 Host Program Page Count 0 100 100 0 OK: Always passes
F8 FTL Program Page Count 0 100 100 196 OK: Always passes

this is one of the newer revisions with the M3CR043 firmware and the smaller box,

I need to perform some write tests to see if theres anything different with the C4/F8 behavior.

Whats the chance that the ssds own internal management is being performed in SLC mode and triggering SLC > MLC bulk rights.

Regarding your question about the chance that the ssd's controller uses SLC mode for internal management, I don't know how to estimate the chance. I imagine that would be unnecessarily inefficient, because it would create additional internal management work later, to convert it to TLC mode. (Unless the data remains in SLC mode permanently, which should not trigger any later conversion to TLC.) I imagine most internal management operations would be low background priority. Can you think of any internal management operations that would require high speed writing to non-volatile memory?

Ultima modifica di pitx : 15-12-2021 alle 23:17.
pitx è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso