View Single Post
Old 27-01-2022, 00:23   #19118
(THE REAL) Neo

L'Avatar di (THE REAL) Neo

Iscritto dal: Dec 2001
Città: Treviso
Quote:
Originariamente inviato da TigerTank Guarda i messaggi
Quoto...che poi a livello di tempi di avvio non mi pare cambi molto, soprattutto se si è su nvme. Pure io lo tengo disattivato ormai da tempo.

Inoltre disabilitare il fast boot già quando si va ad aggiornare il bios di una vga è fondamentale. Ad esempio EVGA raccomanda:

"Once again, turn off Fast Boot in your motherboard BIOS while you're playing around with flashing your BIOS. If fast boot is enabled, Windows will treat your card as the same GPU unless there's an obvious change, such as you change from a GeForce RTX 3080 to a GeForce RTX 3090, for example. Otherwise, Windows will just assume that nothing in your system has changed, including the DeviceID, which will change when you flash to a different BIOS version. Because Windows doesn't update the information automatically, it will give Precision X1 the wrong information, which is how many of you have run into an MCU flashing issue. If fast boot is disabled, Windows should check the DeviceID of each hardware component during each boot. It's still worth it to restart a couple times after flashing or flipping the switch over to a different BIOS to make sure everything is working normally.
So, please make sure to turn off Fast Boot until you are done flashing, and you've decided on which BIOS switch you want to use. At that point, you can restart and re-enable Fast Boot again, if you wish.
"

Per cui a maggior ragione io ormai lo lascio sempre disattivo perchè può creare più problemi che vantaggi.

Come ho scritto ieri io sinceramente ho il dubbio che visti i tempi attuali, la componentistica dell'hardware prodotto di recente possa essere soggetta a controlli(e filtri di scarto) meno rigidi di prima.
Non sapevo gli effetti secondari dell'avere il fastboot attivo da bios.
Grazie
Motherboard: Asus Rog Maximus XI Hero Wifi / Cpu: Intel i9 9900K / Ram: 32 Gbyte G.Skill Ddr4 3200 / GPU: Evga RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra / Case: Cooler Master H500 / PSU: Evga Supernova G3 750W / Cooler: Noctua Nh-U12A / Monitor(s): 3x AOC G2790PX (5760x1080 with Nvidia Surround)
(THE REAL) Neo è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso