Old 12-11-2007, 19:13   #55
leolas

L'Avatar di leolas

Iscritto dal: Feb 2007
Città: Modena
Quote:
Originariamente inviato da MikeNash Guarda i messaggi
Hello again,

I try to read here sometimes with the google translate tool, so apologies if my understanding is inaccurate.

About the AV part in Online Armor: It is the Kaspersky OEM engine, and it is not used by us like traditional AV, and we don't use Kaspersky File or HTTP intersector technology...just the engine we use (and then, only because we want the KAV signature bases).

In principle Online Armor check every program which runs, and so we don't see it necessary to make a schedule scan. We don't see it's necessary for "on access" scanning - just a waste of resources.

If a program tries to run - Online Armor will catch it, and apply the AV check to it if the program has not already been classified by us.

Our target users - they are not the security enthusiast (although, they are important for us) - but the "normal user" who will not want to make too many settings, or use the advanced facilities (or, even answer a difficult question).

Also I noticed somebody did say about not running 20 programs at once. This is precisely the goal of Online Armor - to reduce the insane situation where a person thinks "I must run many programs to be safe".

We try to make each component integrated part of the system with minimal user interaction. Some people are not accustomed to this... we hope they will like it.

Probably we can make some minor improvements in flexibility of the Antivirus in OA (extended bases, for example - or auto-blocking/cleaning of these files,exclusion list and so on).

Hope this helps understand again about our ideas, and very sorry for not posting in Italian.

Mike
aha!
i haven't found anything on tallemu.com about the AV engine, so... thank you for the explanation
i'll write it on the guide in italian this evening

@Tenebra
Avevo trovato qualcosa sul banking mode, ma non mi ricordo più dove.. se lo ritrovo, lo scrivo...

Ultima modifica di leolas : 12-11-2007 alle 19:16.
leolas è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso